Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ice Cream, Adjusted

My guilt became more than I could consciously take upon my second day of consuming Ben & Jerry's.

Why? Two things- corn syrup and bean gums.

The bean gums I have less of a problem with, as they seem to be relatively far down the ingredient list. But corn syrup? BAD. VERY BAD.

It's the main culprit for my guilt, especially because I'm feeding someone else inside me. Because of this, I felt the need to obtain some ice cream with a smaller and less processed ingredient list.

Off to Whole Paycheck we went in search of a slightly more wholesome heartburn killer. Yes, loaded with cane sugar still, so "wholesome" is a pretty loose term. It would be fabulous to find full-fat milk ice cream with some kind of natural sweetener... oh wait... that's what making yer own ice cream is for. Which I will do. Eventually.

But until then, I suppose I'll have to content myself with Talenti Coconut Gelato and Breyer's Chocolate Ice Cream. And Ciao Bella Peach Ginger Sorbet.

I just hope the cane sugar, bean gums, and dairy don't mess me up too much. It'll certainly add to the baby weight I've already gained. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

All may comment. Be nice.