Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ice Cream

So, I am having massive heartburn. I have tried basically everything paleo under the sun. I have even scoured the interwebs to see what people have suggested. Guess what? To paraphrase the words of one chick, "basically, NOTHING helps heartburn in the paleo diet".
How bloody encouraging. So, I am going back to my old standby from when I was preggers with Aria- ice cream.

No, it's not "Whole30 paleo", but I'm preggers and I can't really do hardcore paleo. Not while acid is burning my esophagus. I need to sleep, and I need to feel decent, and Luke (ever the realist) said, "look, if it keeps you from feeling like crap, do it. There is no guilt in eating something that actually helps make you feel better." And you know, he's right. I have to do what works for me.

Don't get me wrong- I'll still be eating paleo. Just with the addition of ice cream. So, there you have it. And I can't say I won't relish it, because I LOVE me some ice cream. Especially with chocolate and nuts. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

All may comment. Be nice.